smoke detector and treadm

Hi Pat!
PS> My smoke alarm goes off when I walk on my treadmill. I suspect the treadmilPS> is pulling some amps and the smoke detector doesn't like it. Is there any PS> way of finding where to turn this off?
How long does it take for the smoke detector to go off after you start walking onthe treadmill? Assuming the smoke detector is working properly (others suggested replacing battery but that should be a periodic beep; others suggested replacing the entire smoke detector) then the smoke detector is trying to tell you something is wrong with the treadmill! Do you notice any smells/odors (besides sweat <g>)? I'm thinking of the possibility of a problem with the motor (ozone from the brushes sparking?) or maybe the belt needs to be lubricated (there is a special lubricant -- don't just oil it!!).
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Mommy Dearest: You just have big bones.
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971

Or just slow down.
--
RDKirk

"Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves