smile

I am in a new house and I do not know how to clean my hardwood floors......Do I damp mop them and then dry every few feet? Or do I damp mop and leave them dry on there own just like the kitchen floor??? Thank you for your help.....Have a great New Year.....k
Hi Kay,
It is best to keep the floors dry, so don't let the water stay on the floor.
There are products made for cleaning hardwood floors. You can find the products in the cleaning section of your local stores. Try a small bottle of a product to see if you like it.
One popular cleaner is made by Bruce company. It is called Bruce "dura luster", no wax floor cleaner.
You can also use Google to search "hardwood floor care and cleaning" and you will find both products and helpful articles.

If it's a new house, they're almost certainly polyurethane treated. Get a large dust mop, and use it often, dry. A little bit of dampness may help adhesion but a little bit is all ya want.
-- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /