Smelly laundry drain?

Hi all,

Our laundry drain recently started stinking - only when doing laundry, but whew it is bad. Any idea how to flush it out? I tried hosing out the vent from the roof, but no help. This is the only drain in the house that smells. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Larry

Reply to
GoHabsGo

Plumbers putty around the hose where it goes into the drain is how I stopped mine from sewar gases from coming back into the utility room. The putty lasted about 2 years before drying out but was removeable if needed.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Is your laundry in the basement? If so, it could be the sewer line is starting to back up from a clog.

Reply to
Jeffy3

The thing that comes to mind, but unable to verifiy this, is that your laundry drain is loosing the seal in your p-trap. Nothing should be coming out of your drain.

Might have to have someone look at it.

tom @

Tom The Great

I caught a HVAC guy pissing in the laundry tub! The dirty filthy bum, I threw him out and called the office. The office told me they had more than one report of him doing this!

Anyways, just a thought.

Reply to
Ron Noah

"Jeffy3" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

Nope. Main floor and this is the only drain than stinks. Laundry tub right beside it has no odour.

Reply to
GoHabsGo