Smell from Kitchen Sink

I have a strong smell coming from kitchen sick that just won't go away.........it smells quite strong.

I have removed the cap that screws on at the bottom and nothing there and I have checked and cleaned trap, and yes there was scum there. I cleaned the best I could , but still strong smell.

How do I fix this? where is it coming from?

Reply to
RY

The trap is the first place to check, but it may be water (and food residue) that is hiding some other place. Under faucets etc. Mix some bleach and water in a spray bottle and spray all round the sink, faucet handles, where the sink meets the counter, etc. Be sure to check under the counter and in the cabinet in case of a drip that you've not seen yet.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

"RY" wrote in news:49b5c75b$0$5471$ snipped-for-privacy@news.aliant.net:

When you say "checked", does that mean the trap was full of water when you pulled it or removed cleanout nut?

Reply to
Red Green

Is this artesian well water? It can stink but is mighty tasty.

Bakin' Soda in the pipe drain?

Reply to
Oren

Do you have a garbage disposal or a dishwasher or both? Had the same problem. I bought a product that you put on the bottom of the dishwasher and run it through a cycle. That didn't help. Then bought a product from Bed, Bath and Beyond. Can't remember the name but they'll direct you. Dropped it in the disposal and followed the instructions. Afterward I poured some bleach in the disposal, let it sit awhile then boiling water. Bye bye smell.

Reply to
Sanity

An artesian well is a specific type of well that requires that the source of the water is above the elevation of the destination, like from a nearby mountain. An artesian well is powered by gravity alone. Most household wells are fed by underground aquifers and require pumps to lift the water from the aquifer. Some of these wells have a sulfur odor.

Reply to
willshak

I have checked and cleaned trap. I can check and cleaned clean out nut area. I have used javex. Still wicked smell. The smell is coming directly from drain hole and no where else. If i plug the sink, no smell.

I'm lost!

Reply to
Aubrey