"Smart" Meters made them sick

Page 4 of 13

The difference is that sun power is being "expended" whether we utilise it or not.

# The difference is that sun power is being "expended" # whether we utilise it or not.
poor harry Somehow imagines that stating a followed by by, automatically connects them.
On Feb 14, 7:31 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The prices of all fuels are linked. If the price of one rises, the others will follow.

Any make of panel can be used with any grid tie inverter. And panels can be mixed so long as of similar specification. So no problems with replace ments in that respect. Appearance might be an issue with odd panels.
I too have an electric car. I recharge it on sunny days if at all possible. I have a 4Kwp array, the car takes 2.2Kw on charge. All our domestic electricity is 240 volt here. (UK)

Well you must have pretty poor "grid tie inverters" (the correct term) in the USA. Or is this more republican propaganda?
Some have run for decades in Europe. There are no moving parts and if they are in a cool dust free environment they run for a long long time. What maintenance do you imagine you to something with no moving parts that is self cleaning when it rains?
I know many people with PV arrays. I don't know one that has failed. They are deemed to loose 1% max. of output/year.
Prices of the equipment has been in near free fall of late in Europe so any failures will be much cheaper to replace than I paid initially. I imagine this is so in the USA too.

jabbut, this stuf is in the netherlands(or Holland maybe).
On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 09:06:23 -0800 (PST), harry

It is clear the German government put a lot of money into solar but they end up paying about 5 times as much for the electricity as I do from a nat gas plant. About half of that price shows up on the tax bill, not the electricity bill..
On Feb 13, 7:16 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The solar panels will be running when you have run out of natural gas. So you are proposing to squander yet another asset? How very banksterish.

Yeah, great idea. We should convert to expensive solar panels while the rest of the world uses the huge supply of natural gas, instead of us. Better China and India should use the cheap fossil fuels so they can have lower costs and put more of the USA out of business. You're a financial genius harry!

Better put "cost effective" in quotation marks. They are severely /un-effective/ if you count the subsidies they get.
--
Tegger

On 2/13/2013 12:06 PM, harry wrote:

Government subsidies, by definition, mean not cost effective.

True. But that is not the same as undesireable.
Is the US army cost effective?
harry wrote:

You bet!
Killing possible enemies of this great republic and blowing up their things?
Priceless!

Worthless.

# Worthless. #
Yes harry, you are..

In the last sisty years, failed on every mission. But it's only there to enable the rich arms manufacturers to gobble up tax dollars. Oh except Greneda. They won there.
wrote:> harry wrote:

# In the last sisty years, failed on every mission. # But it's only there to enable the rich arms manufacturers # to gobble up tax dollars. # Oh except Greneda. They won there.
Poor harry Why do you need to keep demonstrating you're a stupid and ignorant bigot ?
On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 23:37:29 -0800 (PST), harry

As unpopular as it is, the Iraq war was a win too. There is a quasi democratic government there that is not dominated by the Muslim Brotherhood and is not actively threatening Israel (the only reason we went there in the first place). I still am not sure it was worth it but as long as the neocons in the US are willing to start WWIII to save the West Bank Israeli settlements, it was better than the alternative.
On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 13:25:09 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Or perhaps "saving the West Bank Israeli settlements" *is* preventing WW-IV (III is long over).
On Feb 18, 10:18 pm, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

That could be true also.