"Smart" Meters made them sick

ad

ces

old

Or the cost and life of whatever it is that turns the sun into useful energy. harry doesn't understand that part of the equation.

had

hen

rices

y old

unt

And you don't understand that fossil fuels are a finite resource.

om

we had

when

ell

prices

edy old

OK

mount

uoted text -

I understand that perfectly well. And just like we went from walking, to the horse, to the steam engine, to the locomotive, to cars, to airplanes, etc., the free market is perfectly capable of making that transition. It will happen over time, when it's economically feasible. What I object to are pinheaded hippies, who know nothing about technology, deciding to print money and hand it out to what they think is a good idea. Case in point, Solyndra and all the others that have sucked up billions of Obama handouts and gone bankrupt, without producing anything.
So, you think that wealthy Democrats are "nothing"?
What I object to are pinheaded hippies, who know nothing about technology, deciding to print money and hand it out to what they think is a good idea. Case in point, Solyndra and all the others that have sucked up billions of Obama handouts and gone bankrupt, without producing anything.

.

So how about what the banksters sucked up?

..

Almost all the TARP money lent to financial institutions has been repaid with interest. The govt still owns some equity positions in companies like GM which has considerable value. Last time I checked, of the $700bil authorized, the estimate of the amount still at risk was down to $70bil. The govt could actually wind up with a profit, because none of those companies failed. Not a bad track record for what it accomplished.
Now, I'd like to see a full accounting of the Obama green energy stimulus money and the loans they backed for all the Solyndras. The best part is that at least with TARP that was started in the last days of Bush, the deals were structured so that the govt had the likelihood of recovering their money. That is completely different from the Obama green energy boondogle. They just guaranteed loans for the skunks at all the Solyndras. To come out with no losses, every one of those companies would have to succeed. The govt, got no payments, no equity, no stock options, no upside in return for the risky loan guarantees. THAT is about as dumb as dumb gets. And if the companies went on to become the next Apple, the taxpayers got nothing, they just didn't lose the money they would have had to pay on the loans if the companies defaulted.
And there are examples of companies in Nevada (hello harry reid), where as soon as they received a new Obama loan for $100mil that was supposed to be used to create jobs, within days they used that money to pay back another unsecured lender for $100mil. So that investor got their money back with interest, then within about 18 months, the company went kaput and the taxpayers lost $100mil.

m...

So were these evil people democrats or republicans?
On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 11:33:49 -0800 (PST), harry
Both
The democrats (Clinton) deregulated Wall Street, loosened lending requirements and encouraged huge equity borrowing. The republicans watched it go nuts, enjoying the recovery from the dot bomb recession in 2000.

The Republicans under Bush, repeatedly tried to rein in the process, which was resisted by Democrats such as Rangel.

# # So how about what the banksters sucked up? #
You mean the ones that Obama threw money at ? Why should they not "suck up" any money thrown at them by idiot politicians ? They'd be fools not to..
On 2/16/2013 8:29 AM, Attila Iskander wrote:

Throw a cow carcass into an alligator pit and admonish the gators when they don't politely share the bounty. That's the current moronic method promoted by the administration which has handled the reins of government investment in business so adroitly. O_o
TDD

..

ns

And the ones Bush bailed out?

m...

ians

It's been explained to you about 3 times now that the Bush bailout was in the form of LOANS. Of the $700bil authorized, most of it was actually handed out by Obama, not Bush. Bush handed out some in the final months before he left. And it was a combination of LOANS and EQUITY positions in the companies that formed TARP. LAst time I checked, only about $75bil was considered still at risk. ALL the bank loans for example have been paid back with interest. The govt has sold off some stock in GM. When it's all over, the govt will have lost little or may even have a profit.
But you libs like to lie, lie, lie. Another tactic with regard to the above is to add that $700bil to the 2008 deficit, pretending it was SPENT. It was *not* spent. Then the libs take that one year huge deficit and use it as a basis, saying that well, now the deficit is just $1tril, so Obama and the libs are bringing it down. Look how thrifty we are!
Now, let's compare TARP, created under Bush to Obama's $800bil stimulus. TARP we have all but $75bil recovered. How much of Obama's $800bil that was gonna create millions of new jobs do we have back? Answer: none, because it was never intended to be paid back.
PS: We don't have the jobs either.
On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 11:35:11 -0800 (PST), harry

Most of the bailouts happened after Bush was gone and Obama ran the meetings before he left (after the election and before inauguration) but I agree, if you are a free marketeer, you should let the market shake things out. GM should have gone through a bankruptcy and reorganized in chapter 11, not as a government company. The federal government still holds a third of all GM stock and it is worth about a third of what they paid for it. The AIG investors should have taken their lumps, just like Lehman. Unfortunately a lot of them were on your side of the pond

.com

l we had

me when

smell

our

nd prices

reedy old

.. OK

amount

quoted text -

The "free market"! Just a bunch of crooks. I thought even a dope like you would see that now. Capitalists are the ones that sent children down coal mines. They'd do it again if there wasn't laws against it.
They're the ones that left places like Detroit as a shit hole. Who's going to clear that up? The taxpayer in the end that's who. While the bankster walk off with all the cash.
American serfs.Heh Heh. In the pockets of your elite.
So don' t come the crap about free markets. If there was such a thing, they would all be bust by now. The biggest state handout was to the banksters, so you are talking shit (as usual)
Why is all this happening of late?
It is the downfall of the USSR. While it existed,they were looking over their shoulders. Wondering if it could happen in the USA. That is why so much money was spent engineering the downfall if communism. Now it has gone, they have a free hand. They can do what they like. They can rob the treasury. And we can all see the result.

ol.com

oil we had

time when

I smell

?

your

and prices

greedy old

... OK

he amount

ul

de quoted text -

Yeah, free markets can be ugly at times. But the good thing is that places like Detroit are the exception in the USA. For a more uniform equivalent of places like Detroit, you need to look at places you worship, like the former USSR and Cuba. And what even the poor in Detroit have today would stun anyone from those communist hell holes.
Capitalism isn't perfect, but it's a whole lot better than the other alternatives. That's another thing about the libs and kooks. They see ANY imperfection, anything that is wrong with anything and think that more liberal ideas, more govt, more taxes is somehow going to result in a better solution. Almost always, it does not.

The lie repeated. It was not a handout. Of the $700mil TARP money, all but about $70bil has been paid back with interest. And the govt also got major equity positions in companies like GM. They have been selling off that stock at at PROFIT. In fact, the govt will likely come close to breaking even and could have a profit overall. That is no handout.

# # And you don't understand that fossil fuels are a finite resource. #
Are they ? On what do you base this claim ??

om

we

ell

edy

OK

Because they are accreted at a miniscule/zero rate compared with extraction.

# # Because they are accreted at a miniscule/zero rate compared # with extraction.
Is that so ? And on what do you base this claim ?
On 2/15/2013 9:41 AM, harry wrote:

everything, including the sun power, is a finite resource.