"Smart" Meters made them sick

It's no bullshit. Perhaps you should study some history instead of lying.

Reply to
krw

gfretwell

For you Jew haters, there is no difference. Disgusting!

Reply to
krw

Not true at all. The most fervent neocons are Christians.

BTW I am going to have a first hand report about exactly what is going on in the West bank next month. My father in law is off on a 3 week Bible study pilgrimage to all of the holy sites. Most are on the West Bank.

Reply to
gfretwell

You should go yourself. You should also advise him to wear a (Canadian) maple leaf. So folks don't think he is from the US. Lots of people hate USAians. Even Brits can't tell the difference between the accents. And lodge with Arabs, much nicer people in my experience.

So you see Canada IS useful.

Reply to
harry

Too bad your hero George W. Bush wasn't listening when he cut taxes and then embarked on two of the most expensive wars in human history. Where's the cost/benefit analysis that shows what a "great deal" it was to destroy the infrastructure of two Muslim countries and then rebuild?Seems somewhat comical when our own infrastructure is so obsolete and people like you are clamoring to stay in the Dark Ages.

There's an interesting article in the NY Times:

that pretty much sums up why Trader's worldview isn't popular with young people:

When asked to describe what the word "Republican" meant to them:

Reply to
Robert Green

3-

Well they're not called conservatives for nothing.

Reply to
harry

ote:

This is the sort of thing the Iraq war led to.

harry

3-

So, you'd do a cost/benefit analysis with going to war with Afghanistan after 911? Did the liberal hero FDR do that when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor? I guess the cake you libs would have sent Afghanistan would have been a lot cheaper, but not nearly as effective.....

As for Iraq, in hindsight, it wasn't a good idea. But then all the libs were all for it back then, until of course then turned against it. And if it had turned out that Iraq had WMDs and used them, then you libs would have been calling for the impeachment of Bush. Why everyone KNEW he had WMDs. My God! He had used them on his own people! He had used them against Iran! British intelligence knew he had them. Israeli intelligence too. Look at all the speeches all the libs like Hillary, Kerry, Bill Clinton, and all the rest made. Look at how Sadam was acting, refusing to cooperate with the UN weapons inspectors. My God, how dumb could Bush be?

Given how dumb people are, how ineffective the Reublicans are against the lying Obama Chicago machine, what do you expect? Given the same lies, I could convince enough people that water flows uphill too.

BTW, where is the similar poll for what folks think of the Democrats in Congress? Approval rating of what, 13%? And if Republicans are so universally scorned, why is it that they were just returned to a commanding control of the House? Why is it that they hold a majority of the state governorships and legislatures? Why is it that the states that are the most liberal are in the most trouble? Why is it that the Democrats were handed the ass whooping of the century in 2010?

Your source for that would be? The Republicans voted for it.

Then let the electric utilities make the invesment. It's THEIR business, not Obama's. Who knows more about what it takes to deliver power? Whether it will really save money. My utility or you libs? Where is there going to be less corruption and waste, ie all the Solyndras?

Yet another lie. I didn't give Reagn credit for the entire PC revolution. I just shot down YOUR silly lie that the whole economic boom set off by the Reagan policies was actually caused by the PC. We were creating 400,000 jobs a month in 1983/84. One month we hit 1.2 million. The first IBM PC was only introduced in 1981 and was a small factor in the overall booming economy. Folks for example were not building houses for PCs. How many jobs are we creating now, following the policies of Obama and you libs? Incredible. Blame Bush, blame the PC, blame anything and everything except accept the truth.

You have a president that is anti-business. He's screwed them with Obamacare. He's ranted and raved against insurance companies, against drug companies. He's blocked the Keystone pipeline. He halted all offshore oil drilling because of an accident at one. He allowed the NLRB to block Boeing from opening a new plant for the 787 in SC. He just raised taxes on those making $200K, hitting huge numbers of businesses. Then you libs sit back and say, gee, the reason business isn't booming is because of Bush? Because we need a new innovation, like the PC? Unbelievable.

Common sense says that PC shipments were a tiny part of that huge economic boom. All industries were booming. Jobs were being created, 400,000 to 1.2 milliion a month that had nothing to do with the PC. Boy, you clueless libs sure are desperate. Waaaah! The economy sucks! And it's not that we have an anti-business president, not that our 800bil stimulus didn't create jobs like we said it would. No, it's just our misfortune that something like the PC didn't happen the last 4 years. Any excuse...

Uh huh. And of course the fact that people who started those business would have been taxed at 70% were taxed at only 28%, had no effect right? A person is just as likely to get up each morning and work hard, take risk, start a business, knowing that the govt is going to take 70 or 80% of it?

Where do you think the money comes from to begin with? If you take 70%+ of people's money, they don't have the money to quit their job and start a business to begin with.

 >Crediting Reagan's tax cuts for the PC

Strawman. I never said Reagan deserves all the credit, or even most of the credit. It was YOU, that tried and continues to try to claim that it was the PC that created the booming economy of the 1980s. I suppose it was also the PC that completely reversed the rest of the total disaster you libs left for Ragan. Double digit inflation, high unemployment, Tbonds at 18%, prime at 21%......

And you know what. From the day Reagan was elected, I never heard him blame Jimmy Carter for anything.

It sure does. Because you are far more likely to take risk when you only have to give 28% of it to the govt than when you have to give 70%+

That's another lie. With the Reagan tax cuts, the deficit as a percent of GDP was about the same when he left as it was in 1980. That's because that booming economy brought in MORE tax money. With Bush's tax cuts, we were creating jobs and the deficit was steadily coming down. In 2007, it was down to just $161 billion dollars. And that was WITH the two wars.

Today, with 4+ years of Obama and the libs, it's at $1tril. And then they blame Bush?

They have been paid for all along. It's not like all of a sudden the bill for 2002 just showed up. And one of those wars has been over for 2 years, the other is winding down. You libs just lie, lie, lie.

 The income tax *began* because of war debt.

Funny how with those same Bush era tax rates we had a growing economy for 7 years, low unemployment, and a deficit down to just $160 bil.

I'm not opposed to smart meters, solar power, and anything green. I'm opposed to you clueless libs sticking your wang into things where you are completely unqualified. THAT is what produced Solyndra and all the other total failures that cost us billions. In fact, aside from the fact that the govt doesn't understand technology, they structured those deals for failure from the beginnning. There as no upside for the taxpayers. If Solyndra had become the next Apple, what would the govt tax payers get? Nothing..... But if Solyndra failed, as it and so many others did, the taxpayers get stuck for $500mil. Not only is the govt ignorant about the technology, they don't even have any business or investment sense either.

If smart meters are a great idea, then the utilities will deploy them without Obama or you.

Reply to
trader4

Afghanistan did not attack the World trade towers. It was mostly Saudis.

In Bush's defense his first incursion was a small tactical force to try to get Bin Laden. When that failed, (because the Afghanis turned on us) and he was criticized for not having enough force that we invaded.

It only got worse from there

The major invasion of Afghanistan was Obama's. If he pulls out all the troops he promises to, he remaining force will be about what it was when Bush left office. Both were wrong.

Reply to
gfretwell

Good grief. Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda openly operated terrorist training camps in Afghanistan for a decade prior to 911 that 50,000 terrorists went through. Bin Laden was in Afghanistan, being protected and given sancturary by the Taliban on 911 and in the weeks after. Bush gave them an ultimatum to hand him over or else..... So, it matters not a wit, the nationality of the actual attackers.

Saudi Arabia was not harboring Bin Laden. Saudi Arabia was not allowing Al-Qaeda to operate terrorist training camps there for a decade.

What? I'd like to see a reference for that claim. As I remember it, he gave the Taliban an ultimatum to hand over Bin Laden. They refused and were always against us from the start. The engagement with Afghanistan began with a massive air attack. It was only later, as part of the ground operations that they thought they knew where Bin Laden was, in Tora Bora, but by the time enough troops go there, he was already gone. If indeed he was even there to beging with.

If you're referring to the surge, that plan was conceived and started under Bush. Obama continued it.

Reply to
trader4

The Saudis were financing the camps, which are very portable and can be anywhere that has an ineffective government. (Africa now)

The fact is most of the real planning was done in Europe, the people entered through Canada and the critical training was done in the US.

Bin Laden was a valid target but he was out if Afghanistan by the end of 2001. We had no real reason to be there.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yeah, some Saudis may have provided funding that helped Al-Qaeda over the years. There is evidence that some of their charities, for example gave money that wound up in Al-Qaedas hands. But the Saudi govt exiled Bin Laden, so it sure doesn't look like the govt was his friend. That's why he was in Afghanistan, because the Taliban was his friend, was protecting him.

So, you'd have done what then? Bomb the Saudi govt? The Saudi charity? And give the barbaric Taliban a pass, where the physical training camps and Bin Laden were a pass?

And Bin Laden, Al- Zawahiri, and other top Al-Qaeda leadership who were directly involved in 911 were not only in Afghanistan, they were there with the support and shelter of the Taliban.

Yeah, right. We should just have let the Taliban thumb it's nose at the USA, by refusing to hand over Bin Laden and protecting him. We should have let those terrorist bases in Afghanistan that trained 50,000 train another 50,000. The action against Afghanistan was fully justified. And that is supported by the fact that not only the USA but 18 other countries sent forces to Afghanistan under UN agreement.

Reply to
trader4

Two Jew haters. Nothing new from you, harry.

They're keeping your butt buddy, HomoGay, so sure, there is a use for Canuckistan.

Reply to
krw

They are the root of all the problems in the ME.

Reply to
harry

# # They (Jews) are the root of all the problems in the ME. #

Maybe in the minds of fascists like you.. But do explain to us how Jews are the problem in EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY that has muslims and strife ? Just to name a few.. Mali ? Tunisia ? Algeria ? Indonesia ? Iran ? Afghanistan ? And many of those countries have NO JEWS AT ALL, since they have been driven out or killed by the muslims there.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

harry, we already know you two antisemetites think that. You don't have to tell us how bigoted you are, *every* day.

Reply to
krw

The antisemitic asshole just doesn't want to admit that it was the UK that screwed the whole area up.

Reply to
krw

The exact reason for the problem. They went to Israel and concentrated the problem there. Unsurprisingly they weren't wanted where they were. Eg

The whole ME business kicked off with the creation of Israel after WW2 and the immigration of more Jews and US interference thereafter.

The reason for militant Islaam today is the activities of Israel and the USA. Now it is spreading like a disease.

Reply to
harry

Really harry, you don't need to demonstrate exactly how stupid you are. We already know.

Reply to
krw