"Smart" Meters made them sick

Page 1 of 13
"[WASHINGTON] Several Pepco customers say they're experiencing irregular heartbeats, headaches, and dizziness after wireless smart meters were installed at their homes."
Others have chimed in with complaints as varied as hair falling out, warts, and loose teeth. One man says his dog no longer knows him. (Of course these latter symptoms didn't make the story!)
http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid $2905
On 2/12/2013 2:44 PM, HeyBub wrote:

Reminds me of an instrument technician we had back at school who got sick from the helium in our gas chromatographs.

don't know about all that, but my fricken bill has gone up about 20% since they installed the MF
On 2/12/2013 3:15 PM, ChairMan wrote:

These meters are being installed to save the power company money but the public service commission here in Delaware has approved a price increase so the customer pays for them. Wonder who in the hell this makes sense to? Bribes, corruption - no not our public officials ;)

ext -

Mostly to the green environmentalists who buy into the most extraordiary claims. Like that these meters are essential to allow solar and wind resources to be used. WTF? We have solar panels all over the place here in the Peoples Republic of NJ and no smart meters. Funny, they seem to work just fine.
The main advantage that I see is they allow for billing rates to vary by period. That way the utility could charge higher rates during peak periods and the billing would more closely reflect your actual usage. An example of that would be if you charged your electric car at night and they charged you less because it's off peak. But for those cases, mabye a better idea is to let those people who have an electric car and want to get a lower rate at night, pay for the meter themselves....
 We have solar panels all over the place here

yeah, I see those small solar panels on the telephone poles all over NJ.
I figure each panel makes what? $100 worth of electricity per year??? at best?
how much did it cost the taxpayers to have each one of those installed on a pole by a crew? and how much will it cost to maintain...
what a scam
Mark

We have them here too. Sometimes there is a tiny wind turbine too. An ex-neighbour of mine has a PV system/battery that powers his electric driveway gates. Cheaper than running a quarter mile of cable. They are installed where it would be costly to provide an alternative source of power

Where I live, such solar panels are often installed immediately under existing power lines. For example, those flashing lights that sit atop certain traffic signs; until recently, those lights simply had a short drop of cable from the overhead power, but now have a solar panel. Abominably stupid and expensive, but in keeping with the current tyrant's Green dreams.
--
Tegger

On 2/13/2013 2:50 AM, Tegger wrote:

Where I live, we are running out of fossil fuels.
Maybe we should capture free energy from the sun?

You obviously don't live on Earth. Earth currently has a glut of fossil fuels, and prices are declining.

Not if that energy costs many times the price of fossil fuels.
--
Tegger

He will, even if it means *you* living in a cave. That's the lefty way.
On Feb 15, 11:02 pm, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

When fossil fuel are sufficiently depleted, you will be living in a cave. Unless we have a substitute.
The process may already have begun. I hear a lot of people in America don't even have a cave and must live in tents.
harry wrote:

Oh, bother.
Rome denuded North Africa for wood to make charcoal. The wood ran out. Later, Europeans did the same to Europe. The forests disappeared. But a substitute was found.
Coal powered the Industrial Revolution and coal is still a big player. But oil was found to be more convenient and cheaper.
Nuclear power is a possible long-term substitute, but it's still in its infancy.
IF - and that's a BIG "if" - we come close to running out of petroleum, something else will come along.

And let's not forget that it's the pinky greenies who want to stop using nuclear, coal, oil, whatever.. All for our own good naturally..
On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 08:31:32 -0600, "Attila Iskander"

Of course. It's not about pollution at all. It's about control. harry likes to be controlled. Some people (lefties) don't have the brains to live on their own.

# # When fossil fuel are sufficiently depleted, you will be living # in a cave. Unless we have a substitute. # # The process may already have begun. I hear a lot of people # in America don't even have a cave and must live in tents.
Why should they They know how to build houses Don't they do that over their in the UK ?? Build houses

Well as you seem so ignorant on the topic read here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_the_United_States
On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 11:38:19 -0800 (PST), harry

Poverty gas been defined so high in the US that our poor people live better than 90% of the people in the world. The poverty level (those too poor to pay income tax) is around $50,000 a year. We have the fattest poor people on the planet. They may live in government subsidized housing but it is far from a tent. The only people in tents are yuppies camping, people in line for over priced sport or concert tickets and spoiled rich kids complaining about how their parents made the money they spend in "occupy" protests.

I don't think Obama is giving out iObamaPhones yet.

I expect THE POOR to get a dozen Obamaphones and sell them for enough cash to buy an iPhone. I've seen THE POOR sell their EBT credit for 50 cents on the dollar for cash and some of the cards can be used to get cash. The EBT debit card was supposed to fix the problem of THE POOR using the paper food stamps as an underground currency but THE POOR using the FREE money provided by the government didn't skip a beat when the food stamp program switched to plastic. I remember when the cans and boxes of food with the generic USDA labels were given to THE POOR and those FREE food items were sold for cash by the recipients. The Moonbat Liberal Freaks will never get it through their thick skulls that the concept of Capitalism is part of human nature and will be applied to any resource. I would expect THE POOR if only fed directly at a government food kitchen would find a way to sell the resulting feces for money. I mean, our own government sells us loads of male bovine dropping every day. ^_^
TDD