smart glass

I would like to install a wall partition of smart glass. Has anyone used smart-glass? The electrically charged glass that changes from clear to opaque. Some use a Liquid Crystal Privacy film between two layers of glass. Anyone know if you could purchase the film only? Or what the cost would be for a piece approximately 5x5 foot in size?
ref: http://www.refr-spd.com/index.html http://www.glassresource.com/sub/special/privacy.htm
Thanks TP
go to their site and fill out the form and someone should call... right? http://www.smartglass.com/contactsuppliers.htm
I saw it used on This Old House. Looked pretty cool and a great idea for the right applications. One good example would be to seperate two interior spaces, allowing full visibility or blocking it off at the touch of a switch.
I certainly wouldn't go wild with it though, until there is more history with the reliability and such. And for those reasons, I would be less inlined to try it for any exterior windows.
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 02:52:18 GMT, TP

I looked into 3M Privacy Glass a few years agoand it was ungodly expensive, like $1000 for one window. It may be getting cheaper.
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like it is still too expensive, 100$ a square foot.