Small terrace roof cover

I have a small terrace outside my bedroom. I would like to put a cover of s ome sort over a flat tarred roof. It has to be made so I could remove it ea sily as to make sure rain water is drained. My kitchen ceiling is below tha t terrace. So far its not draining correctly, so I have a leak in my kitche n ceiling corner near the down spot area, each time we have one of those su mmer storms. A friend suggested artificial turf, but was wondering if anyon e here may have other suggestions that i am not aware of? I am not too kee n on the green turf. Thanks
On Sunday, June 30, 2013 2:47:07 PM UTC-4, novel wrote:

easily as to make sure rain water is drained. My kitchen ceiling is below t hat terrace. So far its not draining correctly, so I have a leak in my kitc hen ceiling corner near the down spot area, each time we have one of those summer storms. A friend suggested artificial turf, but was wondering if any one here may have other suggestions that i am not aware of? I am not too k een on the green turf. Thanks
There is outdoor carpet. But, given you already have a leak on a flat roof, I'd be careful about how anything else effects the water being able to run off. I also wouldn't rely on something you have to roll up each time it rains. Too inconvenient and what happens if you're not there, forget, etc.
novel wrote:

Main issue you have is drainage problem. Things like that usually built with slight slope to drain the water away. Once this problem is taken care of, you can do whatever you want.

Have you ever heard of putting lipstick on a pig?
Why are you asking about making the roof look nice when it is leaking into your kitchen?
I hope you are aware that there various materials between the water on the roof and the water that comes out of the interior ceiling. All of that material: wood, plaster/drywall and hopefully some insulation, is getting wet. Wet material attracts mold and insects.
Before you spend any time and money on something to cover the terrace, perhaps you should spend some time and money eliminating the leak and fixing any damage already done by the water.
On Sunday, June 30, 2013 10:08:17 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Why would you assume I had no intentions of fixing the leak first? I though t that was a given, but I guess some people have to actually read it first. ...Yes, I do intend to fix the leak first before considering the latter. I have a habit of visualizing the 'after'...sorry for thinking ahead.