Small, light, ball barrier

I would like to make some type of barrier to keep rolling golf balls from leaving the lawn and entering the shrubbery.
I have been practicing short shots in the back yard. If I hit it a bit too long or a bit too flat, it will roll off tyhe edge of the lawn and into the never-never land of the shrubbery.
What in have in mind is something light that I can push into the dirt with my hand and remove.
It needs to be about 6-8" tall and somewhat rigid. The total length will be about 20', but needn't be one piece -- four 5' sections would be OK.
My first thought was for a piece of 1x6 or even something thinner; maybe even strips of 1/4" pegboard. I'd drill holes in the bottom edge and glue heavy wire for the stakes.
I stopped by a local hardware store looking for some type of plastic, but didn't see anything. I bought a roll of rain gutter screen and some tent stakes, but the screen is too flimsy. It needs to be stiffer.
Does anyone have a better idea than the pegboard?
Square Peg wrote:

hardware cloth?
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

I had never heard that term before. I looked for wire mesh in the local Ace Hardware, but didn't find anything that I thought might work. A search on "hardware cloth" turned up all sorts of options. I'll go look at Home Depot and OSH or I can order online. Plastic hardware cloth looks like a good possibility. I can tie it to a few spikes.
Thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up buying a roll of hardware cloth at OSH. It's 3' x 20' mesh with 1/2" squares. It's painted with a green plastic coating. Works perfectly.
I first tried a roll of rain gutter screen, but it was only 5-6" tall and too flimsy. Some balls would bounce over or even under. The hardware cloths has stopped a few "equator shots". ;-)
Thanks.

Vinyl siding?
Square Peg wrote:

Look in sporting goods department. Plastic tent stakes and some variety of table-tennis nets spring to mind. If they don't have tent stakes long enough, surveyor equipment store will have longer ones, or you could make from wood. They also make a stiff plastic mesh used for erosion control on construction sites- a full-line concrete products company would likely have that, as well as reusable stakes to go with it.
-- aem sends...
Square Peg wrote:

Sporting goods store. Tennis, vollyball, or badmitten net.
Square Peg wrote:

The netting used as a deer barrier would probably work. Stuff is 8 ft high so maybe you could drape top over shrubs and peg bottom down.
Plastic lanscape edging and stakes.
Or even redwood bender baord and stakes.
-Zz

As per ZZ's comment
Plastic landscape edging (available from amazon & elsewhere) ~$10 for 20ft roll.... 6" high
Nail / staple to edge of a Trex or wood 1x4. Make some 5' sections.
cheers Bob

1. Cardboard. 2. Foamboard. 3. Stiff wire fencing (used by gardeners to protect plants).
--
Regards,
Dan