Small Inexpensive PEX Crimper for DIYers

I caught this on a news group for RVers. I thought people here might be interested. As I am building a new house with PEX, I will probably buy one for my 1st modification requirement, probably a sink in the basement.

Art Todesco

Since you are building why dont you have the sink put in the way you want it from the get go. Sorry if Im wrong but this smells like SPAM.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

You are wrong! Art has been a contributing member of this group probably for as long as you have been.

Reply to
willshak

Thanks for the link, I'm a tool junkie.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Just ensure you have the right types of collars for this type of crimper. This item looks handy for an occassional one or two collar connection, but I wouldn't want to do anything more extensive with it.

The system I used had a ratchet type tool to crimp down the collar, similar to

The advantages are that a mis-crimped collar is easily snipped and removed, and you can't over/under tighten the collar. It also takes only a few seconds per connection. For a newbie like me, the $75 tool was an excellent investment.

Reply to
gwandsh

It's SPAM if you want to read it that way, however, I have nothing to do with the company. I found the link on another newsgroup rec.outdoors.rv-travel where someone presented it in a similar manner for an inexpensive tool for use in RVs. As for the house, it's a matter of $$$$. I'm hemorrhaging cash right now, so, some things just have to wait.

Reply to
Art Todesco

I like that type of tool better than the OP tool. You can get the ratchet type tool on eBay for a bit over half of what they sell it for on pexsupply.com.

RicodJour

JIMMIE wrote in news:287fb2c9-b91d-4eda-b1c1- snipped-for-privacy@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com:

I've seen Art posting here on and off longer than you. Guess that makes your posts the family size Spam :-)

Reply to
Red Green