Small hole in glass window - what's available for fix?

Page 3 of 3

No, he doesn't have an insulated unit, but the fact remains that not all insulated units are built with gas in them.

Correction - SOME double pane glass has argon. Some is partial vacuum, some is nitrogen, and some is just "dry" air.

If caught early enough (doesn't sound like the case here)a window can be resealed and be pretty effective - and clear.
The secret to having a REASONABLE repair is to have the window good and warm for some time before sealing - and DRY. Heating the inner glass with a hair drier, or using a heat lamp, will drive moisture out of the space - then when it is sealed and cooled down the relative humidity is much lower - so fogging is LESS of a problem. Good chance the heat, and the lowered pressure, will cause the cracks to :run" but MIGHT be worth trying.

Hey...! Ya know what... WTF are you peeps talking about...All info is clear as mud <CAM>
WHO? in their right mind has ANY idea of what you speak...Is this just a compilation of who can be the dumbest, or give the most dumb comment of all?
Because...all these posts are way out in space...But then, so are you guys.
There is not one post that I would trust.
Or maybe, put faith in, I should say.
Albeit very interesting...this forum has degenerated into a free for all..Who can out talk the next dude...
You guys need to pull together....

Well???????
On 10/2/2011 10:25 AM, Ron wrote:

I don't think the windshield repair stuff is applicable here because the glass composition/layering is different.
IFF the window is a sealed double pane - I like the idea of heating prior to repair - driving out the moisture - spend some time with this - a space heater may work well if it can be safely positioned. To seal the hole I recommend a good dab of clear silicone - just force some into the hole from the tube and then wet your finger with spit and form it into the crater. Won't be a perfect repair but may be good 'nuff.
If you can remove the inner pane then you are dealing with a single pane - I still don't think the windshield repair stuff will work because it depends on pulling a partial vacuum and then letting the glue move into the void/crack. Maybe you could back the glass with something - or replace the pane.