Small Gear-Puller?

Is there a _small_ gear puller, suitable for pulling a half inch diameter linear brake off a bike? Hammering on it would damage its support. I need something to pull on the outer edge while pushing on the center shaft, to avoid it.
It's not so much that great force is required but that it be restricted to the brake component in question.
--
Ron Hardin
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com

Lots of choices -- one of the cheapest light-weight pullers are those sold for battery terminals at the auto parts places. I'd assume there are specialty tools for bikes as well but if bike prices are anything like they were when I did ride some years ago, they'll undoubtedly be quite proud of them... :) :(
If don't need much force, it's not too difficult to fabricate something light duty from a piece of flat iron and an appropriately sized bolt if you have a modicum of tools.

There are small gear pullers. Bicycle or motorcycle? What's a linear brake?

A bolt a wing nut and some wire, you may have to grind the bolt thin where it presses upon the shaft, the wire wraps around the ears of the wing nut and the gear.