Small engine-Trimmer ignition

I have a Craftsman string trimmer. It didn't have a spark so I bought a new ignition module. When taking off the old one I didn't notice what the gap was. How do I make sure I have it position correctly.

Thanks Mike

Reply to
c1gmlm

When I was servicing a lot of Generac Generators that had the B&S Vanguard engine, I had a strip of brass (nonmagnetic) shim stock of the proper thickness that I slid between the coil and flywheel. It made it quite easy to set the gap. You may be able to use a standard set of brass feeler gauges on an engine that small. I might guess .010".

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Someone I know how does alot of them uses just matchbook paper thickness, yes he smokes cigarettes, he did mine and its fine.

Reply to
ransley

Close but not touching.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

The place i worked for 12 years up until '06 we always used a time card.

Steve Barker

I use the end of a NGK spark plug box. Same general idea.

Do they still make magnetic brass thickness gages? Now days all you can get are magnet free brass, to go with the freon free air conditioners.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks to all, I used a match book cover and had the thing running in a matter of minutes.

Reply to
c1gmlm