Small cubes in refig ice maker

Small cubes in refig ice maker and a slow chilled water feed-why? Do I need to purge the line with vinegar of something.The water here on the Gulf coast is moderatye hardness.
--
Hank

"Henry B." wrote:

Could be some ice in the line to the ice tray. I have to warm mine occasionally with a hair dryer.
Also check to see if there is an in-line filter.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Every half hour on the half, reach in and pour some water into the ice maker.
Or, check for bad filter or saddle valve not delivering enough water. Sometimes if you go to the cellar, and turn the valve all the way off, and then all the way back on, it will clear the junk from the piercing valve. Sometimes they just start leaking to spite you.
Another poster has been spoofing me, so I'm sure you'll be instructed to shoot the damn thing and call the SWAT team to being you a new one.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

need
coast
Henry B. wrote in message

Small ice cubes suggest a problem in the water supply as icemakers just fill by opening the water valve for a set length of time. Common places for water supply line blockages include a plugged water filter (if used), a partially plugged filter screen (if used) in the water line where it attaches to the water valve on the back of the fridge, a kinked water line or a blockage in a 'saddle valve' attached to the house water pipe.
The most common causes of a plugged saddle valve are is a 'self piercing' type was installed or any type of saddle valve installed on the underside of the water pipe. In that location sediment (lime, scale, etc.) can settle in the valve plugging its hole. Only a drill type saddle valve should be used and installed on the side of a vertical or the top of a horizontal water pipe.
None of those possibilities would have anything to do with the *temperature* of the chilled water. That can only be affected by the temperature inside the fridge compartment which may be too high.

It doubt that would help if you could even find a way to do it. It is always best if you try to find the cause and correct it instead of just trying to eliminate the symptom.
JMO
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=icemaker+fill
=~~~~~~