Small cement mixer?

No experience here with how it works.....

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Rent one. Or for such a small amount, use a mixing tub from a tile shop. $10.

Reply to
Stubby

When I need a little bit of mortar I use a white bucket and a drill mixer. You do need a good 1/2" drill motor. It is fast and does a good job.

Reply to
gfretwell

Where can I get a small cement mixer? Its a space thing. I have seen cheap ones at Lowes ($127) but they still take up a lot of room. I do brick pointing and only want to mix up about a gallon at a time. Any ideas? Mixing in a bucket is a pain.

Reply to
W. Wells

A gallon? Just buy a plastic mortar tub for $5-$10.

Reply to
dadiOH

Coffee can, with lid. A bit less than a gallon, maybe. Pour in the proper ratio of mix & water, roll it back and forth on the ground for a minute or two. Throw it away when it gets too banged up or filled with hardened mix.

-Frank

Reply to
Frank J Warner

They suck. By all reports they're really just no good.

I have seen people using drill mounted mixers in small buckets for small amounts of mortar mixing. I'd go that route if you don't want to mix by hand.

John

Reply to
raven

Reply to