Small Butane Soldering Torches?

A problem area would send down too much water in the rain, either messing up the lawn, or flooding the basement, something like that.
-- If I had something to say, this is where I'd say it.

I've got the Radio Shack model, works great on both wires and boards. It comes with 2 tips, 1 small flame tip that I use for the wires and the traditional needle tip for use on boards, terminals etc.
Well worth the 20$ investment.

I looked there, and then learned RS doesn't sell the fuel, and the clerk had no idea where one could get the fuel. Where do you purchase the fuel (butane) and how easy is it to transfer?
Thanks.
CWLee wrote:

Most of the small ones I've seen (and one I own) use a standard butane cigarette lighter filling port, and you fill them from cans of butane cigarette lighter fuel easily obtainable at most chain pharmacies.
I found some cans of butane that were made for use with some kind of portable stoves that were the size and shape of large sized spray paint cans. They held a lot more butane than the cigarette lighter refueling cans so I bought a couple and lathe turned a nylon adaptor to let me connect them to my little butane torch when it needed refilling.
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
CWLee wrote:

For 10 gauge wire and smaller, Weller dual Wattage gun should do good. I have been soldering for ~50 years(mil-spec. certified). I always cleanse my inside to prevent lead poisoning.

Is that a butane using model? Does it have a model number?
Thanks.
http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/GSI-2/570/GAS_SOLDERING_IRON_TORC H_.html