Small Butane Soldering Torches?

> >John, I appreciate all the help you're offering me. > > >> Any valleys in the roof? That is where two sections of roof come >> together? This will concentrate the falling rain, and make a problem >> area. >> >> If you have a simple roof, and enough drainage then no. > >The house has grown over the last 70-odd years, so we have a bedroom >addition, a dormer on the second floor, a breezeway-cum-office.... all kinds >of odd additions where the roofs of the various parts have joined. What >should I be watching for in these areas? What would be a problem area?

A problem area would send down too much water in the rain, either messing up the lawn, or flooding the basement, something like that.

-- If I had something to say, this is where I'd say it.

Reply to
CWLee

I've got the Radio Shack model, works great on both wires and boards. It comes with 2 tips, 1 small flame tip that I use for the wires and the traditional needle tip for use on boards, terminals etc.

Well worth the 20$ investment.

Reply to
Brian V

"Brian V" wrote

I looked there, and then learned RS doesn't sell the fuel, and the clerk had no idea where one could get the fuel. Where do you purchase the fuel (butane) and how easy is it to transfer?

Thanks.

Reply to
CWLee

Most of the small ones I've seen (and one I own) use a standard butane cigarette lighter filling port, and you fill them from cans of butane cigarette lighter fuel easily obtainable at most chain pharmacies.

I found some cans of butane that were made for use with some kind of portable stoves that were the size and shape of large sized spray paint cans. They held a lot more butane than the cigarette lighter refueling cans so I bought a couple and lathe turned a nylon adaptor to let me connect them to my little butane torch when it needed refilling.

HTH,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Hi, For 10 gauge wire and smaller, Weller dual Wattage gun should do good. I have been soldering for ~50 years(mil-spec. certified). I always cleanse my inside to prevent lead poisoning.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

should do good. ...

Is that a butane using model? Does it have a model number?

Thanks.

Reply to
CWLee

patrick mitchel