Slower spinning maytag washer

Please help! I have a Maytag washer model #LA612. It is not spinning as fast as it should leaving the clothes damper than they should be. It seems worse on heavier loads especially jeans). I am noticing they are wetter and taking longer to dry sometimes 90 mins. There is no water in the bottom of the washer and I replaced both belts. I bought the washer used and it seemed like it was nosier than the previous washer I had.

Reply to
blksnouts

The belts are what I would have suspected. Is there some kind of tension device for the belts? If so, make sure the belts are tight. Check also for any pulleys that are binding. You might also look at the drain hose for some obstruction. If something is slowing the flow of water out of the tub it might effect the spinning speed due to water still being there.

Reply to
Ken

Did you buy Genuine Maytag belts? They have a special coating on them. Other belts slip. Also, check the tension springs on the motor.

Reply to
Rick-Meister

Are you sure it's spinning slow?

Is the machine level?

I have a similar problem with my old washer (wet clothes) but with my unit the internal water shut-off is leaking. After 4-6 days of no use I usually find a few inches of water in the tub.

You might shut-off the external water valve before the final spin cycle to see if it makes a diff. Note some machines spray water during the spin to further rinse the clothes.

Cheers, Jim

Reply to
Jim2009

I HAD A OLD MAYTAG NOT WANTING TO SPIN FAST.THE BELT WAS WORN OUT.. I PUT A MOWER BELT ON IT AND THEN IT SPUN TO FAST AND THREW THE WATER OUT OF THE TOP..FOUND OUT THE RIGHT BELT IS MADE TO SLIP DURING THE START OF SPINNING THEN SPEED UP AS THE WATER IS PUMPED OUT...LUCAS

ds549