Page 2 of 2

the term is SWMBO;
She Who Must Be Obeyed.... 8-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

To repeat a life-learned lesson:
If she's happy and you're not, you're still happier than you would be if you were happy and she was not.
On 10/20/2010 5:02 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:

Ah yes. Rumpole of the Bailey. Certainly one of the best written, most entertaining of all that John Mortimer has written. And, a super TV series as well.
On 10/20/2010 9:22 AM, Peter wrote:

My brother, Uncle Monster has a number of quotes called "Monsterisms" and I help him add to the collection. One favorite is:
"Human females are genetically Machiavellian, they need little or no training."
TDD
On 10/20/2010 9:22 AM, Peter wrote:

My brother, Uncle Monster has a number of quotes called "Monsterisms" and I help him add to the collection. One favorite is:
"Human females are genetically Machiavellian, they need little or no training."
TDD

You also have to let them win EVERY argument, even when they are wrong, especially when they are wrong.
--
I don't understand why they make gourmet cat foods. I have
known many cats in my life and none of them were gourmets.
Daniel Prince wrote:

LOL

Jeff... Take it home and see if works correct there . That would show if interference at office is the cause. WW
On 10/19/2010 09:23 PM, WW wrote:

Used to have a Mr. Coffee coffeemaker w/ "analog" LCD clock. At least twice a week it would just lock up and i'd have to "reboot" the coffeemaker. Never happened once after I installed a TVSS at my panel. I can only ASSume that the quality of the power was not so great.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
WW wrote:

Oooh! Good idea!
Smitty Two wrote:

--
There may be reasons - as illustrated by the following joke:

My wife said "I need a new watch," and I replied "What for? There's a clock

if you're paying for somebody's time(work),you have to be concerned with time.(also you're being paid for -your- time.) If your business has set business hours,it makes it better for customers;they can rely on your business being open during posted hours,and thus you need your employees to BE there at the proper times. Any business that is open at the whim of it's owner or employees is going to lose business.
then there are TV shows;if you want to see the whole show,you have to be on time.Or go to the movies,see the doctor,etc. Think of the phone and cable guys who don't show up as scheduled,and how aggravating it is to wait on them,when you could be doing something else. Or to miss a bus or plane flight because you were late. Then there's navigation;ships absolutely depend on accurate time to know where they are and how to get where they want to be. Satellite nav depends on very accurate time.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 14:48:13 -0400, jeff_wisnia wrote:
[snip]

I don't need a clock on my microwave. I don't set it. The display is blank except during cooking, other than the flashing word "time", which is small enough to ignore.
--
66 days until The winter celebration (Saturday December 25, 2010
12:00:00 AM).

Our microwave (built into the range hood) not only flashes in big letters when the time needs to be set, but it also requires you to enter the *date* (including the year) to set the time...and as far as I can tell, never displays or uses the date again.
And of course it has no internal capacitor to handle a 1-2 second power flicker; the slightest interruption (which fortunately is rare) resets it.
Josh
I'll explain it to you. Got a minute?
More seriously. I run late for everything. Which has got me written up, at jobs. I like that life style. Stay in tune with your body, and take it slow.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Television? Real time? How do you skip commercials?
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:30:58 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:
[snip]

Look away from the screen and do something else.
On 10/21/2010 6:52 PM, Gary H wrote:

That is when I proof-read and hit 'send' on my posts here on Usenet, or finish the article in the paper I was reading.
I almost never JUST watch TV. It is more of a fireplace for me- flickering lights, and since I live alone, the illusion of human presence and voices in the vicinity. My DVR keeps filling up, because it takes too much attention to watch recorded shows while I am doing something else.
--
aem sends...

That doesn't do the whole job.