Slow hot water

Hot water in my bathtub runs at a trickle. Cold water is fine and hot water everywhere else in the house is fine. I believe that it is a problem with the stem. However,when I opened it up to look, it looks fine (the washer is almost non-existant, but I see no other blockage). Can anyone give me any pointers on this?
thanks in advance.
Beartums wrote:

Try replacing the washer, and make sure you get one designed for hot water. How is the water pressure to other hot water sources in the same room?
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Beartums wrote:

Part of the rubber washer may have broken off and got jammed inside the passage in the faucet casting.
One test you can try with caution: Shut off water. Remove stem. Have someone turn water back on (briefly). Water will stream out of the hole where the stem was. You can judge whether the flow is OK at that point.
Jim
Beartums wrote:

I heat the water using a coil in the furnace [oil fired hot water baseboard system]. We have a lot of iron oxide in the water because this neighborhood was once an iron mining center. During the heating season I get "sand" in the hot water line apparently produced by some reaction between the rust in the water and the copper in the coil. This leads to some interesting blockages.
I have no idea whether this could be your problem since I do not know anything about your water supply or water heater.