Slow drying latex enamel?

I have always used oil based paint for trim, but the paint stores say that is being phased out so we have to get used to latex. Just painted a door with Behr Premium Latex Enamel. It dries so fast it was impossible to maintain a wet edge. Does anyone know of a latex paint that has not made fast drying a "feature" so there is time to paint a across a door and return to the start before the paint is too dry to allow proper blending?

You must be in California.
Thinning helps a little. Or you could try adding a bit of Floetrol.
Thanks for reminding me about Floetrol. I have used it once in an exterior application and it did ease the application and make the result better. I will use that solution unless we learn of a paint brand that works right out of the can.
California may be the reason for the anticipated demise of oil base paint. The paint distributor way over here in Virginia said it woas based on reducing volatile emissions, and that may have started from Cal.
Truitt Bottsford III wrote:

Native Califonian raised with oil based paint. Tried the new fangled waterbased shtuff when it first hit the market and immediately went back to good old oil! Major progress has been made in WB stuff and now that's what I buy EXCEPT for wet environments like kitchen, bath & laundry. I'm spraying WB lacquer on a couple of wall pieces our daughter requested and not worrying about explosion proof fans and liught switches.