Slow Drain in Bathroom Sink?

I have always been able to figure this one out but this time it's beyond my ken.
I've already torn the undersink u-bend apart thinking hair (and assorted goop) would have gathered in such mass as to prevent the water from passing. There was some but nowhere near the amount that would be needed for the water to completely slow.
While I had the pipes open I ran my 3/8" snake down. It encountered nothing substantial along the 30 feet. I then poured Drain-O into the pipe hoping that would connect with the problem area and flush it through.
Nope; the sink still isn't draining at optimal speed.
Ideas or suggestions?
The Ranger
The Ranger wrote:

Vent stack has obstruction?
[slow sink elided]

Okay; how do I clean a vent stack? It's on the second story of my home and there's really no easy way for _me_ to climb up on a ladder and gain access to that portion of my house.
[I won't admit to having "issues" when getting near the top of my aluminum extention ladder but climbing up-and-over the last wrung won't happen. I'm too familiar with my own mortality and physical limitations. ;)]
The Ranger

your main sewer might be clogged.
if youy can reak into the line from sink to basement you can run your snake up.
have someone watch the roof so it doesnt tangle.
i think you have a main drain issue.
if its tree roots rocksalt works great
wrote: [slow sink elided]

Wouldn't that affect all the sinks, though, with eventual back-up to the lowest drainage point (a first floor shower basin in my case)? None of the other sinks or basins have experienced similar slowness in draining -- or at least none that I've observed.
It couldn't hurt to run my neighbor's power snake down the main.

Unfortunately liquid amber seems to really thrive on abuse. I've given up trying to kill that damned tree and simply chop it to pieces every fall and spring.
The Ranger

IF you don't run any water for several minutes, how much water will flow down rapidly before it slows dowon. That should tell you where the blockage exists, as the water will force air out ahead of it much faster than the water can go thru the blockage.. If it flows slowly right from the start, then the blockage is right at the sink itself.

stack/drain about 6 feet away) and if the line gets half plugged the sink gets real slow. One of those "super plungers" that looks like a fat bicycle pump blows it clear in 3 or 4 strokes. Need to do it every month or so with my long-haired daughter back home.

Hire a plumbing guy (apprentice works cheaper) to check out the vent. IIRC, some success stories from such activities have been noted here. Concerning ladders, use them like the roofers do. Extend the ladder well above the roof level so that the top rung is a hand hold and simply step out on the roof. If vertigo bothers you, many rental places can supply safety harnesses to bolster your confidence. A rope from the harness over the house top and tied to a stout tree will make it far less scary. DO NOT (as one sad soul did) tie off to your pickup truck just before Her Highness decides to take off in the truck for grocery shopping.
Joe