Slow cold water delivery GE side by side refrigerator

Didn't see a search function; pardon me if this has been covered.
After much complaining by the wife of slow water delivery in our GE side by side refrigerator, I changed the filter. Much to my disapointment, this did not solve the problem as it seemed to have done in the past.
Any suggestions to this problem or the outrageous cost of filters?

You can try turning the water off and on a few times where the fridge line connects to the house system. Sometimes crud builds up at the disconnect. This is especially true of the piercing type valves. In fact your best flow will be realized by replacing a piercing valve with a regular shutoff.
Colbyt
Has it always been slow? IF so I bet you have a self piecing valve as your main water tap. (its the little valve that goes around the pipe to connect the refridgerator to the water). THe manual speciffically warns against using the self piecring variaty for low flow reasons. There is another type that uses a drilled hole and is recommended.