slow basement drain

-------------------------------------

I recently purchased a new washer when it drains I get water backed up on the floor,it drains,but it drains very slowly. What can I do to solve this problem?Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, I tried to to snake the drain but it only went a short distance before it stopped. I do not have any problems with any of the upstairs drains.

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 314236 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
ltsgth1

There's your answer. You need to have the drain cleaned. Call your favorite drain cleaning service. You *might* be able to rent the right tools, but it's a nasty job.

Reply to
SteveBell

Rueful chuckle. If you are lucky, you can clean them. Mine here didn't work, so I got the guy with the auger in, and he gave up after an hour. Teakettled and/or rusted shut. House isn't worth the cost to bust up the floor, so I'll probably mud them over come sale time. The old drywell standpipe on the wall for the washer doesn't work either (shows up an hour later coming out the floor drain), so I had to route that to the septic drain instead.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers