Sloping Basement Floor

Greetings all,
Could anyone give a recommendation on a floor leveling compound? I have a poored concrete basement floor in an 84 year old house. There is a floor drain in the floor and the floor slopes to the drain. The slope is significant and I would like to build up the existing drain and remove the slope. I have been in the house for 6 years and have never had water in the basement. The previous owner carpeted but did a lousy conversion to recreational space. I am planning to redo the conversion and the floor slope is really evident with furniture in the room sloping to the center. If this is done with a compund is there a max on thickness that can be done ? Can this be increased with more than one pour?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated
The drain is there for a reason, all the pipes and water heater etc will one day leak.
BluesDrummer wrote:

Those famous last words.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia\'s Muire duit
I don't know how much you're willing to spend or how much ceiling heigth you have but there is a product called gypcrete which is poured as a liquid. It is pretty much self leveling. we used it for a underfloor heat pour. They poured it 3 inches but you'd have to talk to a distributor for price and minimum thickness. you can walk on it 2-4 hours after pour, it's perfectly level and resembles concrete. 2 years ago we spent just shy of $2.00 a sq.ft. for a cash deal and we had to supply the mason sand. 8-10 ton if I remember correctly. But if you intend on tiling, in my opinion, it's the way to go.