slope ceiling vs raised c

Mark:

MC> my mom is adding 2 rooms to her house and the architect has drawn a MC> plan which calls for a 9' coffer ceiling. MC> one contractor says that a slope ceiling is better while the other MC> says that a raised ceiling is better.

Depends on how much is sloped/indented. If a lot of sloped area the room will look a little tunnel-like. Have a 1«-story house; the Computer Room is upstairs with the sloped option (due to the roofline). The bottom of the slope is at about 5' in the main section. Hard to put up pictures, etc. I know your slope isn't going to be that much.

MC> the raised ceiling will look something like this: MC> MC> ---------------- MC> __I I__ won't look as nice. but another contractor says that slope ceiling MC> will make the rooms look more spacious.

The junctions with the sloped par of the ceiling in here are noticeably wavey BUT it definately was not a professional job. The vertical walls are fine AFAICT (wallpapered) but the slope and ceiling are amateurish. As the contractor indicated, cannot use crown molding.

  • Can you sentence a homeless man to house arrest?
Reply to
barry martin

Unless this room is a kitchen, I'd go with rope light, not flourescent.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here