Slipping Keyless Chuck - DeWalt 18V Drill

Greetings! I've had some slippage in a new keyless DeWalt cordless drill. I noticed it most when using a small bit, maybe 3/16". Has anyone experienced the same problem, or should I take the item back for a replacement before my 30 days run out? If I remember correctly the model number is DC759KA.

Thanks! Squanklin

Reply to
Squanklin

Take it back, it doesnt mean the next one will be right either. DeWalt Ive heard is high return tool. My 18 dewap went back I ended up with makita.

Reply to
m Ransley

Recently I saw a rubber "chuck gripper" advertised and touted as being the cat's ass for tightening those keyless chucks. It looked like a short piece of very thick walled soft rubber hose.

HTH,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

I have a dewalt 18 v with the keyless chuck, It works fine for me. I have discovered that it sometimes I do not tighten it down the first time and there is a little slippage. Retighten and all is good to go.

Reply to
SQLit

I have a keyless chuck drill and I will never get one again, they are shit. you will need to re tighten them constantly. if you ever drill in tight quarters the chuck can rub against other pieces and cause the bit to come loose, the 3 little pieces that hold the bit inside the chuck get stuck, and it makes turning the chuck next to impossible. it seems like a convenience, but its really a pain in the ass

Reply to
JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMil

Buy a good one. I've had shit ones on cheap tools, but my Panasonic has never been a problem.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Only if you're turning the drill counter clockwise. If the chuck is turning clockwise (For drilling and sinking a screw), it will tighten if it rubs against anything.

Reply to
larrybud2002

UPDATE:

I returned the drill and exchanged it for a new one, same model. No slipping, no wobbling bits. (It was a DW959 - not 759.) Thanks for the tips! Squanklin

Reply to
Squanklin