Slipping hour hand on Regulator-type clock

I have a wind-up Regulator type clock that was probably pretty inexpensive when I received it almost 20 years ago as a gift, but it has a lot of sentimental value and I don't want to dump it.

The problem is that the hour hand is constantly "losing time." If I didn't constantly move it ahead of where it should be, it would probably lose an hour or more a month. The minute hand is dead-on and the clock itself keeps amazingly accurate time.

So how do I get the hour hand to behave?

Perhaps part of the problem is the clock's bonging - once for each hour (i.e., twice at 2:00, seven times at 7:00, etc.), plus once at every half hour. But I don't want to silence the bonging.

Reply to
trader-of-some-jacks

try pushing the hand on tight or put a bit of glue on it

Reply to
ransley