Slightly OT - massage chair

I have a Panasonic 'massage lounger', model EP 1004 which has quit working and I am wondering if anyone here has knowledge of, or experience with, one of these.
The motor mechanism has come to rest about 3 inches from the top of its travel but is NOT jammed.
When I switch the machine on, it runs for twelve seconds, beeps 3 times and quits.
My attempt to find an instuction manual (PDF), or some kind of trouble shooting guide online, drew a blank.
Your help will be appreciated.
Lewis. Fort Worth TX

Call Panasonic? Call the dealer? Find the manual?