Sliding glass door track height

In one of my rooms I have three sets of sliding glass doors facing the patio and I am worried that in driving rain down here in Miami during the hurricane season with rain blasting on the glass door and flowing downward it will fill up the door track and water may intrude.
I am thinking of building up the inside "fin" of these tracks. I know the part that the roller sits on they sell a strip of metal that clips on to the original part to reinforce a damaged fin. Can I use the same part to build up the interior fin and caulk to edges to make it less likely for water to get in when it's raining like that?
It has not happened yet with real rain but when I use a garden hose to wash the doors there are some water coming in.
Thanks,
MC
MiamiCuse wrote:

MiamiCuse wrote:

Can't you provide drainage for the track?
On Mon, 12 May 2008 01:23:03 -0400, "MiamiCuse"

Newer code doors do have a higher lip, height depending on the wind rating. I would call a local dealer and see what they can come up with for you. The problem is you create a trip hazard if you don't have the track recessed
On Mon, 12 May 2008 01:23:03 -0400, "MiamiCuse"

Wait until it rains and see if there is a leak. You may not have a problem at all. With a hose I have done the same thing, water inside.
Make sure the weep holes on the track are clear of debris.

Oren wrote:

Hurricanes aren't "rain"; they are water blowing hard enough horizontally to penetrate concrete block and stucco walls. We have hurricane shutters and would not be without them. We did plywood one year. It is not something we could or would repeat. With h'cane shutters, there is nothing blowing against the door to work in through seals. So, now, we keep the water form coming under the door by piling sandbags on top of plastic sheets. Last h'cane season, I tried to get hubby to do the sandbags and plastic, but he wasn't game. He didn't leave for mandatory evac, either. Not long afterward, during one of the bad floods up NE, I saw what plastic sheets and sandbags can do. A whole neighborhod was under water by several feet, but for one home. The guy wrapped plastic sheets around his house and held them with sandbags. No water in the house.

After hurricane Donna, ca. 1960, we had much of the Caloosahatchee River (Lee Co, FL) thrown onto the local homes. At the end, we had 35 people huddled up in the home. The water level was just below the door threshold.
It was a day my brother recovered two of the elders, carried them both to our home, gave them safety. Their home was in a canal behind the home.
I know Hurricanes! Go Miami!

Although only a kid of single digit I do remember Donna. Lived on the CT coast of Long Island sound. Brother and I were in the yard rowing around in a wooden rowboat.
    "To the stump!"     "Aye Aye Captain!"     "Put yer back into it ya little dweeb."     "Fuck you captain."

My Andersen French wood (130 MPH) sliders will stop water from a pressure washer. Tried it last weekend ... mostly to get the concrete off. ;-) We are in renovation project right now to touighen up the house.
I am going to have a set of Windoor 8000 corner sliders to test next month.