Sliding Glass Door Help

My sliding glass door has moisture in between the thermo panes. What are my options on removing, cleaning and restoring/replacing the seal so that I don't see moisture and am actually able to see through the glass. Can someone point me in the right direction to learn more.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
1_Patriotic_Guy

Your chances are zero, I'm afraid. You need a new door.

Reply to
Jerry Schwartz

Talk to your local window business. They will probably be able to replace the glass unit(s). Once the seal is broken there is no way to salvage the glass but the unit itself should be replaceable. They have done so in my sliding windows.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Harry is correct, the *unit* not the door must be replaced.

I would get estimates from SEVERAL glass companies. I've been in the glass business for 25 yrs and the markup is outrageous. Glass shops are very competitive with their prices, shop around. Also make sure to ask about the warranty as far as the seal failing. Some companies give a lifetime warranty because the glue used on todays units is VERY good and hardly ever fails.

Reply to
Ron

Outstanding -- Thank you!

Reply to