Slider window problem

My wife recently acquired her former step father's house. When he built it in 1996, he used all slider windows from Better Built. All work OK except one...it will not close entirely, lacks about 3/4" of doing so.
I have looked (and felt) and can find nothing to impede the closing yet there is a definite "thunk" when it stops before closing.
I can't take the pane out as there is insufficient clearance between window bottom and frame to do so. Anyone know if there is a secret way? :)
I also can't contact Better Built as they were purchased by a different company a few years back and the new folks eschew any responsibility for pre-2000 windows although they still use the Better Built name.
Anyone have suggestions as to how to get the thing to close? Or out?
--

dadiOH

Every slider I have ever seen allows the sash to be removed by lifting up and tilting the bottom out.
I can see how improper trim on a picture framed window might interfere with that and that the lower trim piece might have to be removed.
Please do tell us the solution when you figure it out.
--
Colbyt