slider shower door for a 34 1/2" opening?

Does anyone know of a company that makes a sliding shower door to fit an opening of 34 1/2 inches? We've found them as small as 42". We really need a slider, rather than a hinged door because of space constraints. Any help appreciated!!

Debbie

Reply to
The Fishers

Does anyone know of a company that makes a sliding shower door to fit an opening of 34 1/2 inches? We've found them as small as 42". We really need a slider, rather than a hinged door because of space constraints. Any help appreciated!!

Debbie

Reply to
The Fishers

Does anyone know of a company that makes a sliding shower door to fit an opening of 34 1/2 inches? We've found them as small as 42". We really need a slider, rather than a hinged door because of space constraints. Any help appreciated!!

Debbie

Reply to
The Fishers

Debbie,

There was a couple of companies whose names I cannot remember that used to make doors that operated similar to the old telephone booth doors. They were made for the smaller showers. I believe Century was one.

HTH

rik

Reply to
RikC

Call a few glass and mirror companies in your local yellow pages. Ask if they carry Alumax shower enclosures. I know that they made one for that opening when I worked in the business a few years ago. Their designs will let you overlap the doors more than most brands. It's also the best quality brand I've ever worked with. I was so impressed that I installed them in my own home.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Bowman

Try

and
It might be better to call

800-4KOHLER. They are very helpful and know their product lines.
Reply to
William Plummer

Have you really thought about the geometry of this? The standard kind of sliding shower door, with two panels, will give you probably less than a 16" opening (when you account for the frame and the overlap between the two panels). In other words, only very skinny people will be able to get into your shower. If you really don't have room for a swing-out door, I'm sure you can find a nice curtain for the shower instead....

-Sandra

Reply to
Sandra Loosemore

NO ONE makes a "sliding door" for a 34" opening. because 34" divided by 2 = 17" minus door overlap = 16"+/- opening how many people can fit in a 16" opening?

most people need a minimum of 19" wide for an opening.

an accordion door is what you should be looking for. as someone else has already pointed out, check with your local glass company.

Reply to
Billy Plumber

Reply to
Art Todesco