slider shower door for a 34 1/2" opening?

Does anyone know of a company that makes a sliding shower door to fit an opening of 34 1/2 inches? We've found them as small as 42". We really need a slider, rather than a hinged door because of space constraints. Any help appreciated!!
Debbie
Does anyone know of a company that makes a sliding shower door to fit an opening of 34 1/2 inches? We've found them as small as 42". We really need a slider, rather than a hinged door because of space constraints. Any help appreciated!!
Debbie
Does anyone know of a company that makes a sliding shower door to fit an opening of 34 1/2 inches? We've found them as small as 42". We really need a slider, rather than a hinged door because of space constraints. Any help appreciated!!
Debbie
Try www.kohler.com and www.sterling.com. It might be better to call 800-4KOHLER. They are very helpful and know their product lines.
Debbie,
There was a couple of companies whose names I cannot remember that used to make doors that operated similar to the old telephone booth doors. They were made for the smaller showers. I believe Century was one.
HTH
rik
--

Padded room with a view
RWC3

Have you really thought about the geometry of this? The standard kind of sliding shower door, with two panels, will give you probably less than a 16" opening (when you account for the frame and the overlap between the two panels). In other words, only very skinny people will be able to get into your shower. If you really don't have room for a swing-out door, I'm sure you can find a nice curtain for the shower instead....
-Sandra
Sterling used to have a sliding/hinged door; I have one. It works well for my too-small bathroom. It is (was?) a hinged door, however, the door was divided into 2 sections; a stationary one by the hinge and one that slides over the stationary panel. Unfortunately, mine has always leaked under the door. I think part of it was the shape of the curb at the shower door opening. That said, they should have designed it better to shed off water away from the curb. I always put the door inside the door frame to prevent leaking ... not the way it was designed.
Sandra Loosemore wrote:

need
help
NO ONE makes a "sliding door" for a 34" opening. because 34" divided by 2 = 17" minus door overlap = 16"+/- opening how many people can fit in a 16" opening?
most people need a minimum of 19" wide for an opening.
an accordion door is what you should be looking for. as someone else has already pointed out, check with your local glass company.