Slate to cinderblock adhesive?

I am in the process of facing the bottom portion ( 12x24)of the support columns on my patio. I am going to use two 12x12 slate squares on each side. The columns are made of cinderblock. I need to find something that I can use to attach these slates to the cinderblock and STAY put after some small adjustment. I have tried permabond mortar as recommended by the guy at HD, (I know), but the "tiles" just slip as soon as I let them go. I thought there may be a different product or method that someone here could recommend to really stick these slates to the cinderblock. Thanks Brandon BTW I am in Arizona just east of Phoenix, in case heat is an issue in the summer for a product.

Reply to
Brandon

Damn, I can't recall the name of the product, but recent TV ads show a guy sticking a brick to a wall and walking away. His sticks, but the competition falls. I don't recall if it was Liquid Nails or maybe Loctite. Staying in place was the big selling point. Looks for some display ads in the stores. Or watch more TV Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I think I saw a commercial purporting the same thing for a loctite product, but the guy sticks a hammer to the ceiling. That might work, I will check into it.

Any other thoughts from anyone?

Thanks Brandon

Reply to
Brandon

It would make more sense to explain what it is you are doing.

Questions? Indoor / outdoor vertical wall surface / floor / roof wall surface = how high? thickness of slate being applied area involved

Some thoughts: Read up on doing ceramic tile and stone veneer. Go to a tile/stone store Be aware that these installs will usually require supporting, pinning, and propping until the mortar sets. Many stone veneers have some form of mechanical fastening - copper with plaster; steel with screws and grout; why, even the Romans used iron pins set in lead to hold the Coliseum together ( not bad for 2,000 years ago) That polished granite face on that new multi story downtown was not glued on or stuck on with cement.

#################### Keep the whole world singing. . . Dan G (remove the 7)

Reply to
Dan G

Loctite powergrab. It seems to work fine.. I run a bead of the powergrab around the edge of the tile, I then butter the rest of the slate and press it into place, hold for about 15 seconds and it stays put.

Brandon

Reply to
Brandon