Slab for AC not concrete.

James:
J > I am having the my AC system replaced and I noticed that the outside unit J > sits on what seems to be a fiberglass imitation slab. Looks lik concrete J > but not. I noticed my neighbor has a concrete slab under his. I am J > concerned about the strength of it since it is a very large fan that is J > sitting on it. J > J > Any thoughts? Am I overly concerned?
I would ask the installer of your new A/C if the imitation slab is sufficient for the new unit. If they say yes, fine, if not, go with their replacement. ...The new (2yo) a/c here in on a large (roughly 3x3') concrete block, like those used for patios. They removed the grass, flattened and leveled the dirt, and laid the block down.
- » barry.martin■AT■thesafebbs.zeppole.com «
* State Motto: Georgia: We Put the "Fun" in Fundamentalist Extremism
--
■ RoseReader 2.52ß P003186
■ The Safe BBS ■ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971