Skyscraper inspiration

A show on the Science Channel called How We Invented the World showed skyscrapers. The inspiration for the design was a woman placing a heavy book on a bird cage. William LeBaron Jenny is credited with designing the first one. Article here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Le_Baron_Jenney Otis, the elevator brake inventor, got his idea from a buggy spring according to the show. It's neat how unrelated things come together.

Maxim developed and installed the first electric lights in a New York City building (the Equitable Life Building (New York City) at 120 Broadway) in the late 1870s.[18] However, he was involved in several lengthy patent disputes with Thomas Edison over his claims to the lightbulb. One of these actions regarded the incandescent bulb, for which Maxim claimed that Edison was credited by means of his better understanding of patenting law (though in England Joseph Wilson Swan had already obtained the first patent in 1878). Maxim claimed that an employee of his had falsely patented the invention under his own name, and that Edison proved the employee's claim to be false, knowing that patent law would mean the invention would become public property, allowing Edison to manufacture the lightbulb without crediting Maxim as the true inventor.

after a couple early brilliant inventions, he turned into a real crackpot.
On Thu, 26 May 2016 19:27:08 -0500, "Dean Hoffman"

Very interesting. Thanks.

Indeed.
If you have Itunes, you can buy that 44 minutes episode and 3 others for $3 each, or the google summary says, you can buy all 4, Season 1 for $12, but on the page itself it seems to be saying that's HD, which I guess is even better.
I uninstalled Itunes because it was so big, I never used it, and they were constantly sending updates just as big.
Is there anyway to play an Itunes selection without Itunes?
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/tv-season/how-we-invented-world-season/id583481664
From the Discovery channel you can buy How We Invented the World: Planes, DVD. Covers the history of the invention and refinement of the airplane $59.95 for 43 minutes. That's almost a dollar and a half a minute!!     Grade Level 9 - 12 But nothing is too good for our children!
On 5/27/2016 2:51 AM, Micky wrote:

I'm not very well acquainted with that but isn't it stealing?
Is it different from shoplifting?
On 5/27/2016 11:46 AM, Micky wrote:

It's web sharing via peer to peer networking.