Skylight leak, (I think I narrowed it down to glass seal, not roof)

During a heavy steady rainstorm yesterday, my skylight started to leak through the sheetrock. I have had issues with this in the past, but never this bad. The flashing around the skylight on the roof looks good, so I always suspected maybe its the glass and seals. During a lull in the action, I went up on the roof and put up a tarp, just covering the glass part, not the flashing.

The leak did stop, so I think I narrowed it down to the glass. So now my question is, how do I fix the seals around the glass? They do not look bad, but obviously its leaking somewhere. Would putting some clear silicon on it help?

Reply to
Mikepier

Might work OK, but do a bit of research with a garden hose and a helper observing to nail down the leak area first.

Joe

Reply to
Joe