Skunk problems - YUCK!

Page 1 of 2

Ask the good people at alt.home.repair
They have the best ideas about all kinds of critter control.
--
Relpo Miraculous

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

In case it sprays...
SKUNK DEODORANT RECIPE
1 Quart of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
Cup of Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate)
1 Tsp. Liquid Soap (Dish Detergent)
Mix the above together in a plastic bucket and wash the infected object, be it human, canine, feline, garage, shed, car basement, etc. Make sure you keep the solution away from eyes, nose and mouth. The skunk odour should disappear immediately!
This product is fast and safe and best of all, it works! _____________________________ Repellant
http://www.critter-repellent.com/skunk/how-to-get-rid-of-skunks.php
There used to be a few around here, but not anymore. I have seen foxes though, and have the satellite on Fox... Hmmmmm.... :p
: :

ROTFLMAO!!
Nonsense. Clearly, you're just repeating what you read somewhere, and have never actually tried this yourself. A few years ago, when our dog was sprayed by a skunk, we found this *exact* recipe on the net and tried it. It didn't do a damn thing to reduce the odor. Neither did PetSmart's shampoo that was "guaranteed" to remove skunk scent. PetSmart gave us a refund on that one.
The old home remedy of a bath in tomato juice actually did cut the odor substantially --- but the only thing that truly works to remove skunk smell is TIME.
--
Regards,
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in message wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunk
In an episode of the television programme MythBusters, the hydrogen peroxide mix was found to be the most effective smell removal agent[5].
: :

Like I said -- it's obvious that you are merely repeating what you've read or been told, and have never actually tried this yourself.
I have.
It doesn't work.
--
Regards,

It was me who crossposted the OP inquiry to AHP for some informed advice. Your comment above was made to the coffeehouse only, but directed at one of the good people at AHR. I'm forwarding your comment back to AHR so the community there can see what kinds of liars and cowards we have to deal with here at the coffeehouse. Say it to the guys face next time, you rude, rude man.
--
Relpo Miraculous

"Energy is the original currency; electricity its most valuable form.

No skin off my nose. He's just proving what I said at the beginning: that he's only repeating what he read somewhere, and has no first-hand knowledge.
--
Regards,
in

This type of crossposting is totally fine by me. I thought it was actually quite good of you to find the appropriate group for Rick's problem.
--
-----
H.J. McCallister

I think it's fine for one's own inquiries. It is *not* fine to simply pass someone's post where they did not intend to have it land. We've already seen the dark side of that too many times.
--
K-Bob

At least it was a helpful gesture, Kev.

Not here. The magic number is 3.
--
-----
H.J. McCallister

Btw, WTF are you doing signing up to a weeb forum???
--
-----
H.J. McCallister

Heheh, bein' a "weeb," o' course!!!
Rick invited us to stop by, but ya can't say "hi" without signin' up. Nice to see some familiar posters there. ModBod, Sorceress Sarah, some people from island continents, NTX, Jeff, you know... the usual ...uhh, "normal" insanity!
Wait..., it doesn't cost anything, right? <place emoticon here>
And back to the topic, yes, it was "being helpful." But it's kinda like draggin' the granny lady across the street without askin' first.
I'm pretty sure you noticed I didn't ask Relpo to stop doing it. I just pointed out it was occurring. I'm beyond caring about the whole Relpo- versus-the-group thing, anyway. He can do whatever he ding-dang well pleases.
--
K-Bob

He has become our Kim Jong Ill. He will be blockaded and shunned by the international community.
: :
mindseye wrote:

Since it was me who started this thread, I'll chime in here. I DO NOT appreciate cross-posting, even if (and that's questionable) it's well-intended. Richie has gone from bad to complete TROLLDOM in my book.

I'll respect your view, Rick.

I tend to disagree and find that Richie has become more conversational, which I like. Doesn't mean I agree with everything he says, as you may have noticed.
--
-----
H.J. McCallister

Temp de-lurk.
Get *fresh* hydrogen peroxide. I have used this recipie on a dog sprayed from less than one foot, full-on (I witnessed it). It most definitely works, better than anything else you can try (over the years, I have tried them all). The biggest problem is that it bleaches some dog's fur. Fine. The odor lingers at a low level due to skin absorption, and isn't nearly as bad as the stuff the peroxide neutralizes in the fur.
The sooner you apply it, the less the skin absorption.
for the trolls: don't wear gloves. Everyone else, use your judgement.
--
K-Bob

The peroxide I used was a brand-new bottle, bought specifically for this purpose.
Didn't do squat.
--
Regards,

Who from AHR was rude or "stinky"? They are really nice people. Why are you so afraid of "outsiders"? Is it because you hate people who aren't just like you? Mean, violent, alcoholic and hateful? The stench is coming from the coffeehouse, and it is all emanating from the conservatives like you.
Shame on you sir...vilifying good people behind their backs like a true coward.
--
( Mr

"Merlin, what is best in a Knight?"

Mr. Booka X2 apparently gets all of his "experience" off the Internet. Thanks for debunking his latest sporkage.
--
( Mr

"Merlin, what is best in a Knight?"
divulging personally embarrassing information in

It works. End of story.
--
K-Bob