Skunk problems

First OFF, don't mix ammonia and bleach together. It causes the Maid to faint or nearly die.
I'm guess Mark means one product or the other, but certainly not both mixed.

Spray the lawn or something, make yourself happy, but don't mix the above together.
RepairNovice wrote:

I once lived next to a large, open field. Skunks would wander by on warm, humid, still evenings in summer. The odor was never terribly strong or long-lasting, so not a bother.
A fence might cause them to change their path, if you know where they go and how close they are. They never bothered me, and I never saw them. When I lived in a home with motion lights in yard, raccoons and possum would activate the light - never saw a skunk there. Perhaps what you have is an occasional skunk encountering other wild animals. Coyote or foxes around?
I live in the city and miss the critters I used to meet - possum and raccoons would come over to my Florida room late at night, stand up on hind legs to peer in at me :o) Something strange about the possums is that I could always hear them before the light came on and they sounded like humans walking through the grass.

Mountain lions or bob-cats?
Horned owls?
I get it, freeway road kill, adjacent to the OP's property. Stinks to high heaven.