Skunk Problem

We have a skunk that has taken up residence in the alley next to our building at work. There is alot of weeds and vegetation in the alley.
Any clever tips to convince it to move on?
Thanks.
(Rileyesi) wrote:

Call your local animal control department.
I have a few skunky neighbors ,do the rocknroll eviction, try a radio for a while, put on some rap or rock n roll, it works for garage and attic evictions. Skunks usualy sleep alot of the day and like it quiet
I had a problem for a few years with skunks and and a family of rock squirrels burrowing under my concrete rear patio and front porch. The problem became much worse after my dog died; I guess he had been keeping them away. I tried moth balls - didn't work. What did work is this ... I dug a trench around the patio and porch, 18" to 24" deep and 18" wide. I placed a wire mesh in the trench - the wire runs vertically down from the edge of the concrete slab and turns out at the bottom of the trench; in cross-section it looks like an "L" with the bottom leg facing away from the slab. I paid special attention to the inside corners as this is where the skunks usually dig; I turned the corner with the wire , ran it another foot or so and used tie wire to secure the wire in the corner. Finally I refilled the trench with dirt. The skunks still return occassionally and dig but they can no longer get under my patio or porch. I only have to replace the dirt (it is amazing how far they can throw it sometimes). As for the rock squirrels they all have a new zip code thanks to my live trap. I also trapped three skunks and successfully relocated two of them without getting sprayed (really not that difficult) but had to destroy a huge one that was a real stinker.
[On 07 Aug 2003 13:15:01 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com.gov (Rileyesi) wrote:]

Leave the skunk alone.
Skunks are basically very nice little animals. If you don't bother it, it won't bother you.
If you try to mess with it...
I'd leave him alone. I put up with a few skunks under a deck that was sitting on the ground and the skunk(s) made a home between two of the joists. Walked right on top of them, washed the deck and went about my business. Perhaps what saved the day is that there wasn't enough room to lift there tails. I just kept away from their exit location when they came out every evening at dusk. MLD

building
I wish I could tell my Scottish Terrier that. He tangled with a skunk when he got out of my sight one evening. Came back "tainted". I was out in my front yard with a tub giving him a bath at 11:30 at night. Not fun.
I think they're cute. But my terrier goes after anything that moves.
Rufus

building
This is Turtle.
Jarkat2000 had it. Moth balls in the area.
TURTLE