Skunk deterrent?

I live in a typical residential area in Oregon. We have a skunk who comes thru about once a week and stinks the place up. I have a whole house fan that I use in the evenings to "reset" the house for the next hot day. By the time I smell it in the living room, the bedroom smells like skunk.
It's in the city, so discharge of firearms is not an option.
I'm thinking about wiring up a stun gun for his enjoyment. What's good bait to use for skunk?
Other options? I'm not against murdering the critter, but I'd rather just reroute his trek thru the neighborhood.
On 7/3/2015 7:43 PM, mike wrote:

I've caught two of them on separate occasions in a Hav-a-hart trap baited with peanut butter.
I released them as I was after groundhogs and raccoons which were causing problems.
They say that they will not spray when confined so I guess if you could throw something over the trap like a blanket you could pick them up and transport them. I'd probably only risk this in the back of a pickup truck.
On 07/03/2015 05:43 PM, mike wrote:

What gets the skunk excited? A few weeks ago I was out in the woods, hopped over a little creek and almost landed on a skunk. I froze, thinking things were about to go sideways. The skunk contemplated the thing suddenly blocking his path, hung a left, and ambled off to find someplace else to cross the creek.
The bottom line of the anecdote is the skunk didn't have any more aroma than a house cat. A pissed off skunk is another thing entirely.
On 7/3/2015 9:54 PM, rbowman wrote:

Then, this skunk must be mighty pissed off. Whole house reeks from his passing in the night.
On 7/4/15 2:00 AM, mike wrote:

It's marking its territory. Maybe it's there every night and marks weekly.