Skirting Radiators

We have just fitted an alternative heating system to radiators or underfloor heating; that was easy to install and more energy efficient than radiators. It=92s called Thermaskirt and it is available from The Discrete Heat company. Basically it is a heating system in a skirting board, effectively making the skirting board a radiator. There are more details on the company=92s website

and there is an online brochure here

We choose it over other room heating methods because it was more environmentally friendly, gave us back our wall space and heats the rooms up in minutes compared to traditional radiators or panel heaters. The installation was pretty simple and although we did have a friend who=92s a plumber help out, we needed no special tools or equipment, everything was supplied. We simply removed the old radiators and reconnected the Thermaskirts to our existing boiler and pipework.

The new skirting heating system even has a removable cover and channel for tv and audio cables and a removable top section for decorating, it really is amazing, we=92re so pleased with it. Can=92t wait to see the savings in the heating bills now.

Reply to
thermaskirt

then again, spam of any other color is still spam

Reply to
charlie

Maybe so, but then again I'm old enough to remember Victor Kiam! :)

Reply to
thermaskirt

On 10/1/2008 10:11 AM thermaskirt spake thus:

Verrry eenteresting: a spammer who actually hangs around the scene of his crime, and even responds to complaints. But still a spammer.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

And its not more energy efficent than radiators, since it wont hold heat, it releases it quickly, as you say. its less efficent since your boiler will have to cycle more often. My radiators are warm for hours after the boiler is off. More cycling is harder on boiler controls, since the first few minutes you turn on a boiler is its least efficent mode it will cost you more. Try harder on your spam, bs is easy to see through

Reply to
ransley

Maybe so, but then again I'm old enough to remember Victor Kiam! :)

The difference though, is that Kiam PAID for his advertising and used legitimate media. He did not spam non-commercial discussion groups. He was an honest businessman, you are a leach looking for a free ride.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Facts: A 4m x 4m x 2.4m room, with 2 external walls, and two double glazed windows, 1.5m x 1.0m & 1.0m x 1.0m, all with insulation =91U=92 values in accordance with Part L Building regulations and air changes of 1.5 per hour.

Comparison was made between a double panel convector radiator from a market leading manufacturer, and 15m of ThermaSkirt installed around the perimeter at skirting level.

Each system was supplied with 800w of energy, in accordance with the heat loss calculations of BS5449. The room target temperature was 21=B0C with an outside temperature of -1=B0C.

ThermaSkirt=AE achieved a higher average comfort temperature, evenly distributed throughout the room (20.2=B0C vs 18.2=B0C). This equates to a

13% efficiency improvement compared to the conventional panel radiator.

In addition, total temperature variation throughout the room with ThermaSkirt=AE, was 2=B0C or less. With the panel radiator variations of up to 13=B0C were recorded.

Reply to
thermaskirt

Since yr a spammer and should not be here this is what I see, Your tests and statements are bs, your system is wastes energy in several ways. Its set as a baseboard against a wall, a wall that is absorbing and transfering to the outside, nearly 50% of its heat output, you say its heats quicker, and it cools quicker. I would bet that system by being attatched to an exterior wall could easlily cost you 25% more to heat a home vs free standing radiators. To make it closely the same as free standing units the wall area where the radiator is attatched would need a radiant barrler and alot of special insulaton to keep from loosing heat to the outside.

Reply to
ransley

On Wed 01 Oct 2008 09:40:03a, thermaskirt told us...

What the hell is different about that? We've had baseboard (skirting board) radiant heating in the US for many decades.

Go sell your SPAM somewhere else.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

thermaskirt