Skill batteries?

The local Blowes has a pile of clearance items, lot's of different tool chargers, but none I can use. Also are 2 12 volt NiCad battery packs with the Skill name on them for $10. Sorry no model #. In general what are your experiences with cordless Skill tool batteries?
I'm considering getting them to open up and put the batteries in a different tool, just using the skill batteries and tossing the housing. I'm guessing Skill doesn't have very good batteries, just checking here for backup.
On 1/21/2011 11:25 AM Tony Miklos spake thus:

Dunno about Skill; perhaps you mean Skil?

"Tony Miklos" wrote in message
The local Blowes has a pile of clearance items, lot's of different tool chargers, but none I can use. Also are 2 12 volt NiCad battery packs with the Skill name on them for $10. Sorry no model #. In general what are your experiences with cordless Skill tool batteries?
I'm considering getting them to open up and put the batteries in a different tool, just using the skill batteries and tossing the housing. I'm guessing Skill doesn't have very good batteries, just checking here for backup.
Skil are owned by Bosch. See if any of the Batteries can work with a Bosch product. Also Dremel are owned by Bosch. maybe some dremel products can use a Skil battery.

I buy batteries like that (NiCads) and rebuild the ones I have for my tools. WW

There are quality batteries from companies such Panasonic, Sanyo, Energiser, Duracell. There is alot of cheap chinese crap out there. Id say dont buy its a waste. You are getting Crap.
On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 14:25:05 -0500, Tony Miklos

It's hard to get battery cases to open up. You have to be really sensitive to their feelings so they feel they can trust you.

On 1/21/2011 10:56 PM, mm wrote:

I've have some issues with those cases. Maybe it just won't work out.