Skiing behind twin engine boat?

Page 2 of 2
I've been down at the docks doing some research and the boat I'm looking at gets up on plane very quickly and stays there at low RPMs, so right now I'm leaning towards the twin engine boat. I figure it would be nice to have the power when we want it and then putter around the lake in low RPM when we don't want to pay for high fuel costs. The big tossup right now is whether or not my Dad wants to buy a bowrider or not? I'd prefer the cabin so that my kids can play and sleep when the boat is anchored, but then again it's his boat not mine.