Size of cement pads?

I want to jack up my sagging floor. I figure I will need at least 3 pads for each support. Does 24" square and 6 inches deep with rebar sound right? I hear of all different sizes and depths. I'm planning to use 4/4's as supports and the screws type jacks that they have at Lowes. There is about 3 ft. clearance.
The load supported and the bearing capacity of the soil determine the dimensions of the footings. Six inches with a point load seems very thin. Masonry pier might be a better idea than a wood column in that location. TB
The load supported and the bearing capacity of the soil determine the dimensions of the footings. Six inches with a point load seems very thin. Masonry pier might be a better idea than a wood column in that location. TB

24"square and 6 inches deep is a waste of time.
Footings for awings (porch coverings) 10 foot span here in Arizona are 36" square and 2 feet thick on 8 foot centers. We do not know what your supporting (weight) so anything is just a WAG.