Six weeks to get a Maytag stove part

Just thought I'd rant here about it. Oven burner element which I bet is part that goes bad most. Range is only little over a year old. What good is a 10 year part warranty? Guess I've seen my last Maytag product.
On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 3:20:23 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

I presume you've tried multiple sources, including online, Ebay, etc? I agree it seems very unusual for that long of a lead time on what you would think would be a common part, probably used in many products.
On 4/14/2015 3:25 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Dealer doing repair was one that told us. I did look on-line and bulk of sites say it is out of stock. Did not check with those that listed it and did not say but I expect shortage for all. If I had known what problem was, I might have repaired it myself. I has thought it was the control panel.

And be careful of the ones that claim that it is in stock, when nearly everyone else says it's not. Sears, in particular, has a very peculiar definition of "in stock" -- what that phrase truly means at Sears is "the computer says it thinks we can get one sometime in the next couple of months", very most definitely *not* "is physically in stock at one of our warehouses at this moment".

Is the problem Maytag or your dealer? That should be a common part to get easily.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I never had to replace oven element but range buner. Sounds like a known issue with the element. Universal one won't fit? Maytag is only name sake now, I think it is made by CAMCO now.
On 4/14/2015 5:20 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Whirlpool bought them out about 7 years ago and now puts the Maytag name on their appliances.
Wife just showed me the warranty and it says that service must be done by a Maytag authorized repairman for them to pay for the part.
Since service is not included in the warranty, it has already cost me $100 to have the problem diagnosed and probably another $25 to have it installed.
We also had a problem with a switch that broke on the the Broan range hood that the dealer had installed that I could not repair or access and that was out of warranty and cost me ~$150. Neither dealer or Maytag will see me as a customer again.
On 4/14/2015 6:49 PM, Frank wrote:

I know that concept. Along those lines are the "free" cell phone that requires a two year service contract. That's not free, that's included.
Free is when you can walk in, pick up one and walk out with it, no obligations.

On 4/14/2015 3:20 PM, Frank wrote:

We just repaired ice-making problem on our 8-ish y/o Frigidaire that had intermittent problems. We had already spent $100 for a fat repair guy who couldn't bend over far enough to test the water controller to fiddle with it. I went Googling and found

They identified the problem, suggested the part and it took 3 or 4 days to get the part!
On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 7:08:29 AM UTC-5, NorMinn wrote:

I have also used them for a Maytag washer problem with a positive outcome.
On 4/15/2015 8:23 AM, bob_villa wrote:

Wife called Whirlpool today and they are sending her the part, 7-10 days. It is in stock. Seems that part number changed. When I had gone to the Maytag site they did not recognize the part number but when I googled it it came up as not in stock at several supplier sites. Wife is double pissed at dealer for not getting this done properly.
On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 6:53:08 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

Pretty incompetent on their part, especially with an oven that's only a year old. And with it in stock, it still takes 7 - 10 days to get a small package? How exactly were they going to magically produce the other part that apparently no longer exists in 6 weeks?
But good to see you have it solved.
On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 7:14:50 PM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:

likely it was a known defective design, that got the item revised and the stock number changed.
On 4/15/2015 8:11 PM, bob haller wrote:

Good point, I'm seeing potential for dealer bringing in old design part while my wife gets the new one. Will wait for the better part.
Wife is highly annoyed that she has not been able to use the oven for 3 weeks and it will probably be down another 2. Fortunately she had bought a roaster type appliance for back up and it works great.
On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 5:53:08 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:

14 yrs ago we bought a Maytag gas range and the oven didn't work. The deale r said it was the oven regulator valve and didn't have one in stock. The de aler called and said I had to call Maytag and verify the new part. WTF? Thi s was when it was still Maytag. When is was replaced, the guy forgets to tu rn-on the built-in valve and had to come back!