Situation advice requested

I did not know you labeled it "Do Not Unplug" since your first post did not include that. He should cover most if not all the loss without being forced.
You own your own front yard. If he doesn't settle up, I'd just put a nicely lettered 4' x 4' sign in the yard that says,
Warning So and So company does shoddy work. I would not recommend them.
Offering half would have been fair, but offering nothing is an insult.
Steve

The contractor never got a chance to offer anything...He doesn't even know about it...Instead of calling him when they first discovered it , he cleaned it up and waited a week and came whining here...Now it's going on 2 weeks and he's still here looking for sympathy...O K , I'll tell the OP what he wants to hear...It's the evil contractors fault...He is probably home laughing right now thinking , there , I got him GOOD...I didn't want his service work anyway...Feel better now ??? Need a hug ?? Sorry , piling on again...Gotta stop doing that...LOL...
.For the record , in my first post I did say the contractor would have split it with him IF he had called when he first discovered it so contractor could see the mess before he cleaned it up.....Now we only have HIS side of the story and in todays sue happy , what can I get for nothing world that just doesn't cut it....Sad but true.......