Site Suver Cost, Boston Area

How much should I expect to pay a surveyor to survey my lot? It is in a Boston suburb, near 128, and is about 75' wide and 100' long, on a gentle slope.
I am planning on building a retaining wall at the low end of the lot to level the grade a bit and want to make sure I stay on my own land.
I think I only need the legal plot boundaries indicated along three sides, at the low end of the slope.
Here is something that often works where I live. If you call a few of the survey companies in your area and ask them if they have performed a survey on your property in the past, they will often give you the survey information at a greatly reduced cost as they have it in their files doing nothing anyways.
Michael Stoic wrote:

Good luck finding one in a hurry here in Red Sox Nation...I'm in Winchester, MA and I set out this summer to get a perimeter survey of our lot, for much the same reasons as you.
I must have left voicemails at seven or eight surveyors, and only one in Medford called me back. I selected that firm even though they told me they "anticipated" completing the survey 10 to 12 weeks after they received a deposit of 50% of their $1,100 fee.
It's only been seven weeks since I mailed them my check, and all I can do is wait and hope they meet their time estimate. We'll probably miss the shrub planting season this year anyway.
Too bad I can't DIY this job as I can so many others, but I may need the results to "prove" to a new neighbor that they scooped up about 300 square feet of our land when they did some major landscaping earlier this year. I'll most likely be be asking them to buy it from me for its tax assessed value and pay all the associated costs and fees related to the transfer so that I won't have to go on paying property taxes year after year on what they're now enjoying as theirs..
I'm thinking of advising my teen age son to consider surveying as a career.
Jeff
--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)