Siphoning gas out of a Chevy Lumina?

That's always been one of my pet peeves for this part of the country. It doesn't take THAT large a generator to run a couple lights and a pump at a time. Radio stations, some stores (but the roads were all closed after the 3rd day to all but emergency travel), colleges, and even a local TV station stayed on the air during the '98 storm. Not a single gas station or garage or Quickie mart was open. One owner told me it was cheaper to claim it on his insurance than to stay open & sell the gas. It happened again in 2001 but was only a 3 1/2 day outage (for us) that time, and same thing; not a single gas station was open. People dont' learn.

Reply to
TWayne

I can see a terrific money maker for a gas station with a generator. Thing is, generator costs money to purchase and maintain. Now, if this was a free market, they could charge eight bucks a galon, and make up the cost of the generator. If you don't like it, don't buy it. But with anti gouging laws, they can't make back the expenses. So, instead of providing lots of cheap gasoline, the anti gouging laws have the effect of providing NO gasoline during storms.

One more case of government making more problems than they solve.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You are a straight dick

Reply to